Monday, July 22, 2013

His Royal Highness Prince Bob of Cambridge

Have you heard the news today?

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and husband Prince William welcomed their first child...

Wow, I originally had no interest in waking up at 3 am to see the royal wedding...I guess I was wrong...Their traditions are a bit different then I imagined. However, I'm not sure that I approve their lack of concern for the age of their viewers.
Now there have been a stampede of complaints regarding why is this in the news.  I, myself, question why the royal family is such a big deal over here, or even over across the pond, for they are just figure heads at this point.

For years, people use to say that the Kennedy clan was our Camelot...but once they were no longer in power, that "tradition" ended.  We barely care if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver are back together, or not.  (To prove it, I bet that you can't say for sure if they are or if they are not!)

"family and personal history have made me unusually vulnerable to these kinds of charges"
So, the question is, should “Will and Kate Plus One” be something that should be in the news?  I guess that it is worth a mention.  I don't think that it should have been the lead, nor do I don't think that this should be a continuing news story after today.


Now if others, like The Today Show, Fox & Friends, or CNN want to continue the story, then let them run with it, as this should now fall under the umbrella of entertainment, and all of those mentioned are hardly a source for real news, allegedly.

So enough about the royal family, as this is no longer news worthy.  I know news, not that I have read an actual newspaper or watched a television newscast in a long while, but I do have the Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit and old VHS copies of Carol Marin's The 10pm News on CBS 2!


With all of this nonsense about the royal baby, you might have missed the REAL big story of the day!

Tony Lossano, Broadcast Producer (TV & Radio, Chicago), amateur bicyclist, a fantastic dog walker, and has never been married to Alyssa Milano.


No comments: