Friday, June 14, 2013

Is It Too Early For A Christmas In July Sale?

Texas Governor Rick Perry signs 'Merry Christmas bill' into law

I am not against Christmas or even against saying Merry Christmas, but allow me to make my point on how many Christians are being fooled, used & abused when it comes to this non-issue dispute.

ALERT: TREE DOWN!
I will skip the point about the necessary reasons for the separation of church and state.  (Psst, imagined if we didn't have a Christian President, what he might do)

...and I don't want to take anything away from Christians, as they ONLY have ONE of the eleven federal holidays, (Christmas), which, unofficially, has slowly turned into a week long celebration, then a month and now totally engulfs every holiday in the season, including Halloween.

The Halloween Ghost spooks the Christmas Tree in October!
Video of a store in SEPTEMBER!  Note the small amount of Halloween items compared to the massive amount for Christmas:


...nor do I feel that I need to point out that most of the time this debate comes up, the real purpose is for commercial purposes and a great tool to distract the public from real issues, like actually improving the safety, education, health, etc. for the kids in school. 

...but allow me to point out this simple fact: Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' birthday.

Tis the cold & flu season!
Saying MERRY CHRISTMAS all season long is like saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY for months.  If that is the case, I want people to start wishing me a Happy Birthday months before my birth-date.  I figure that to most people that I am not in the same league as the son of God, so I don't need the entire quarter of the year.
See, I use the word CHRISTMAS on my holiday cards, but without the pressure of being MERRY!
It would be nice if we said HAPPY HOLIDAYS during the season, as a gesture to NOT exclude others, (as a respect to all humans, regardless of their beliefs), and save MERRY CHRISTMAS for that special date near the end of December.  Sadly, too many Christians have become the Grinch when it comes to sharing, caring & loving with others...and are blinded that the term is not being used for the true meaning, but for profit.
Christmas was very good business at my last place of work
...but overall, it just doesn't matter one way or another.  If you want to fight for this issue so that others can drag Christmas through more commercial and political b.s., well, go for it!  Whatever floats your boat.  Everyone knows that December 25th wasn't even when Jesus was born.  Some suggest that it was in June!

With that said, is it too early for a CHRISTMAS IN JULY SALE?
Offer not valid in December!
Tony Lossano, Broadcast Producer (TV & Radio, Chicago), amateur bicyclist, a fantastic dog walker, and has never been married to Alyssa Milano.

No comments: